I have done this before, many times, that’s why I’ve taken so long to do it here in blogosphere since I’m wondering what new things I will have to write about myself. Yeah, I don’t wanna write the same old things coz that will be boring and I want to be intriguing!
Anyway, luckily, if I do repeat myself, most of you are not my Facebook friends so it will all be new to you.
1. I love water. I love drinking it, playing with it, floating in it, looking at it, everything. I could stand beneath the shower for hours (if there was no water shortage :-P) My new year’s mission-to-achieve (avoiding the use of the word resolution) is to learn to swim. Ironic, isn’t it? That I can’t swim? Well I’m gonna be a pro this year! You can stop smirking now.
2. Give me flowers any day and I will love you for life. OK, maybe love is a strong word. But I absolutely LOVE flowers. They are so pretty! They just make me happy. The irony is that I am really not the quintessential girlie, romantic type but flowers do me in, really. Lilies, roses, daisies, sunflowers, wild roses, petunias, gladolias, chrysanthemums, etc, etc….flowers! 🙂
3. I get mad when I see bad governance leading to poverty, corruption, crime….ok, mad is an understatememnt. Today’s Nation newspaper’s cover story (Kenyan newspaper) has got me so worked up right now I even stopped reading it. MP’s salalries are being increased when 75% of the country is below the poverty line? When IDP’s are still homeless? When everyday I walk home and see street boys begging me for money and sniffing glue, some younger than ten years? When more than half of the city’s population live in slums? *Deep breath* I think I’ll stop there.
4. My biological clock started ticking faster than usual towards the end of last year. Now I’m getting all mushy about guys and marriage and babies. Eeeeeeuuuuww!
5. I could live on ice-cream. It’s like milk right? It has all the essential nutrients except iron, doesn’t it? Ok then I’d eat some iron-filled food once a week. That would work, right?
6. I have fallen in love with fashion. Oh, darn. I love shopping. I have transformed into this…woman-like….creature. Sheesh! I don’t even try to resist those bargains anymore. Fashion, take me!
7. Insects, long speeches, people with no sense of humor, slugs, bridges, reptiles, the rave, married men, heavy-lifting, reckless drivers, crazy people…………small list of things I couldn’t care less about and try to steer clear of.
8. Ever heard the sound the wind makes when it blows over the top of an open bottle? I love that sound.
9. I love music. OK, I know, who doesn’t? How would we ever have survived without it?
10. I have an addiction *cringe*. I am confessing. It’s books. I actually think it is bordering on becoming a little, itsy-bitsy problem. I buy books all the time. Old books, new books, I think they are already numbering a hundred and counting…I clearly need a bigger house.
Before I bore you all to tears, I shall stop there.